Family Palliative Care
Family Palliative Care is a FREE, in-home service dedicated to providing care and making life as meaningful as possible for both the patient and his or her family. A physician-directed health care team provides comfort and relief as a companion to curative care, offering options to patients and their families, improving quality of life, and respecting choices. Family Palliative Care may be an option for those who do not qualify for home care or hospice care.
Family Palliative Care is a mission driven service of Memorial Hospital and HealthCare Center. Nurse visits are made on a regular basis and on an emergency basis when needed. Palliative Care services are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. When changes occur in condition, whether they are physical or emotional, a patient or family member can always call and talk with a nurse.
- To provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms.
- Prevent new issues from occurring.
- Provide support system to help patient live as actively as possible
- Provide support system to help the family cope with loss and grief during the illness.
- Educate patients and family on disease progression and expectations of chronic illness in order to improve quality of life.
The patient and family is the primary unit of care. Spiritual and emotional support is provided to both family and patient. This includes honest, open communication between the patient, the family, and the Family Palliative Care Staff.
For more information, please call 812-996-0234.