Patient Financial Services
Welcome to Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet your health care needs. Our dedicated Physicians and Workforce are committed to your physical, emotional, and spiritual healing as they strive to live out the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary. For more than 60 years, we have earned a reputation for providing compassionate, quality care to the communities we serve.
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center is committed to helping patients make informed decisions about their health care. That’s why we worked with the Indiana Hospital Association and hospitals across the state to develop careINsight- Indiana’s new, easy-to-use resource for hospital charge and quality ratings. We fully support the gathering and reporting of quality and charge data. This information is critical to improving patient care. We believe making the information available and useful to the public leads to more informed patients and more confidence in the health care system.
If you have any questions, please contact Patient Financial Services:
For more information about your bill:
8:00am-4:30pm • Monday - Friday
To speak with a Financial Counselor:
(812) 996-0413 or (812) 996-0637
8:00am-4:30pm • Monday – Friday
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND CAPABILITIES OF CAREINSIGHT?
- Indiana hospitals developed careINsight to give consumers easy access to hospital quality ratings and average charges for the 100 most common Indiana inpatient medical services.
- By using careINsight, consumers across Indiana may be able to better understand what goes into hospital billing and understand what questions to ask before seeking treatment.
- The quality of the care patients receive is just as important as the price. Quality is based on several important factors: infection, mortality and readmission rates and the overall patient experience score. It is important to see other patients’ outcomes when consumers evaluate their treatment options.
- careINsight is a useful tool that will include the following functionality and features:
- Search engine to look up charges by location, hospital and/or procedure.
- Search results that show available hospital quality data and charge data.
- Hospital-to-hospital comparison by quality.
- Tips, education and links to each hospital website
- Unlike hospital charge data made public by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the careINsight tool uses charge data from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) to include procedures and services that are more inclusive of Indiana’s overall population.
Click on the careINsight logo below to access this information
On behalf of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, our Board of Directors, our Physicians and Workforce, we wish you a life filled with wellness.
E. Kyle Bennett
President & CEO