The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary Community Award
The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary Community Award honors an individual or a program that embodies the personal and professional accomplishments of the Founder of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, Venerable Mary Potter, and all the Sisters who helped make Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center what it is today. It is a living testament to the ideals, vision, and mission of the Sisters who sought to provide compassionate care to the sick and dying so that their spirit will live on and continue to inspire others.
This award is a tangible recognition of an outstanding individual or organization whose civic/professional/community/life/purpose parallels the Sisters' and Venerable Mary Potter's own humanitarian concerns: to honor an individual or a program that makes a visible and positive difference, and makes a contribution to humanity by the nature of good works, deeds, examples, being, and should continue to inspire those impacted.
An individual or organization could be recognized as a recipient of The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary Community Award when works encompass the CORE VALUES of the Little Company of Mary Sisters:
- Innovative spirit
- Gentle strength and grace
- Respect for all
- Love and compassion
Does the individual or organization possess:
- A steadfast commitment to making a vision a reality?
- Achievement of a goal by building enthusiasm and teamwork using available resources?
- Continuity of Mission ?
- Building a foundation for future generations to carry on his/her mission?
- Acceptance ?
- Willingness to accept The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary Community Award at the Memorial Hospital Foundation Gala?
- The ability to be creative and effect change for the good of all?
- The courage and wisdom to inspire others to excellence?
- Consideration and acceptance for the uniqueness of all?
- Insight into the needs of others?
Guidelines to consider when selecting a recipient:
- Is there recognition that the individual or program, gift/vision/ability is driven by an element of faith?
- Has the individual or program overcome obstacles to meet goals?
- Has the individual or program taken risks?
- Did the individual or program fill a need and respond with a visible program/process/action?
- Does the individual or program have the charisma to sell his/her/its vision to others?
Please send a letter of nomination to Sr. Renée Cunningham, LCM, 800 W. 9th Street, Jasper, IN 47546. Nomination deadline is September 15, 2017.